Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Hello my colleagues I have written a draft of my session plan and I hope you will read it and give me important and useful feedback Objective: Particioants wii raise awareness how to use scaffolding instructions in the lesson plans. Stages: I. "Get to know" activity. 1. introduce myself with my profile. (write my name on the paper and draw some pictures or figures about my life and expectations and participants should guess what they mean. 2. they should the same, go round the room and try to guess each other's profile. II. divide them in three groups. (according to their months of birth|) III. Reflection : what they know or remember about scaffolding I will read a story (this story is written on the power point ) "how a toddler learn to walk" and they should guess which teaching strategy it comes with. IV. Brainstorming: Participants should ask some questions: 1. What theory is the foundation of scaffolding; 2.who is the founder and what they know about him; 3.what is the main concept of this theory. (after each answer I will show them my presenation about these questions). Then I will show a five minute-video ( I have downloaded it) V. After watching this video, they should answer and discuss some questions: 1. what they saw; 2.what they know and not know about scaffolding. 3. why is scaffolding important for the teaching process. VI. Introduce the topic: one example from real life how to use scaffolding instructions. I "teach" them "How to saw on a button" . Then, questions: 1.what and how they have done. 2.why I have done this activity VII. I will make a power point presentaion about scaffolding instructions. VIII. Participants should think how they teach young learners e.g. A-a; B-b (each group presents their ideas) IX. I will distribute one lesson from the students' textbook and write the general objective on the board and the participans shoul write a lesson plan. Then volunteers from each group present their lesson plans X. Reflaction: questions: 1. what stages were of this session; (I will write their answers and then they should classify in the chart: Instructor does it: class does it: group does it: individual does it: 2. what they learnt 3. why the scaffolding and its instructions important for the learning and teaching process. (Participant think the answers and discuss them and then say ones. ) I am looking forward to your feedback, they are imporatan for me as usual. with love Tea Thanks

1 comment:

  1. Re: Scaffolding (draft)
    by Ketevan Barkhudanashvili - Tuesday, 24 September 2013, 9:31 AM

    Tea here are my Q-s, commments and suggestions. Be prepared :)

    three things that I liked:

    *Interesting topic. Most teachers have the theoretical knowledge of Scaffolding but they don't know how to implement it in their teaching, so showing them the example will simplify them the task and help them see the psiible way of using scaffolding in their lessons

    *Nice start, introducing yourself with drawings, this will encourage the teachers feelfree and do it themselves;

    *teaching them the thing from their everyday life, the simplest task using scaffolding is great.

    Questions:

    This question refers to VIII and IX. It was a bit vague, do the teachers have to write the scaffolded instructions for teaching A-B-C and then write a lesson plan for a different lesson? If it is so don't you think that this will be too much for poor teachers?

    Suggestion:

    Tea, what about ommiting the reflection stage at the begining, because when you ask Ts what they know about scaffolding and then show the video and then you have the question" which teaching strategy it uses and again you have the information about the theory. After showing the first video,when you ask them the question, if they come up with the correct answer "scaffolding" you can elicit what they know about it and then give them the informtion you have prepared.

    Best wishes

    keti






    Show parent | Reply
    Picture of Tea Khachoshvili
    Re: Scaffolding (draft)
    by Tea Khachoshvili - Tuesday, 24 September 2013, 1:48 PM

    Hi Kate,

    Your and my colleagues feedback is very usefull, important and helpful for me. I will consider your suggestions and Modify this part of my session later.

    As for your questions: Teachers donot read lesson plan about how they teach the letters. They only think about thechnics how they teach them. I think most teachers have young learners and they have to do this "difficult" job. O fcourse, I have some ideas how they do this: e.g. First of all we need to provide students with models of correct-direction writing:by modelling the letter drawing in the air. (donot forget clear scaffolding instructions) then writing on the board and by providing the letter written out with little arrows showing in what direction it should be written. Then Ss should draw this letter on the desk using finger. The main and obligatory thing is using clear instructions.

    Then They should write a lesson plan from the text book.

    All teachers have learners with all levels.and all of them need different approuches, so I want them to be able to use scaffolding and its instructions for all levels.

    I wonder your ideas about these issues and please write me what you think.

    thanks

    Tea


    Show parent | Reply
    Picture of Tamar Remishvili
    Re: Scaffolding (draft)
    by Tamar Remishvili - Wednesday, 25 September 2013, 4:56 AM

    Hi Tea,

    The start is nice, but instead of reflection III to my mind It will be better to do brainstorming .I liked the activity about the button-It is very real!

    You missed timing and aims of each stage as It was required in the detailed plan and probably for 1 hour It is too busy to get the goals of every stage,may be you can skip stage IX from the session or give them to do it at home?

    I liked the finish of the session very much about stages and especially the last 2 qestions!

    Love Tako






    Show parent | Reply
    Picture of Tea Khachoshvili
    Re: Scaffolding (draft)
    by Tea Khachoshvili - Wednesday, 25 September 2013, 7:25 AM

    Hi Tako,

    It is very nice to give me feedback. It is very important for me.

    As for Timing and some stages: it is a draft and there are some brainstorming activities and I would like to read or listen your feedback and then skip them. I always write your notes and am working about them and later I will have a last version, (after your feedbacks)

    I always consider your ideas and always get them.

    I miss you, all of you.

    with love

    Tea

    ReplyDelete